imagine being in ravenclaw and going back to your common room stumbling drunk in the middle of the night after a magical night of partying and having to answer a fucking riddle in order to get in your own goddamn bedroom
"what gets wetter and wetter the more it dries"
"your mom eeyyyyyyy"
dont romance jack its a huge waste of time shes a huge bitch anyway do liara its much better
all right sit down because i’m about to explain you a thing
not reallyfor this rant but you can’t say something like that about my favorite mass effect character of all time and not expect me to respond
so here we go hold on tight because i’m about to educate you
REASONS WHY JACK IS NOT A BITCH
- jack gets a bad rep because she’s a little…abrasive. and she is. there’s no denying that. but i’m sorry wouldn’t YOU be a little abrasive growing up the way she did?
- this girl was tortured both mentally and physically, isolated, conditioned to kill and pretty much shit on every single day for the first half of her life
- and don’t even say that she could have risen above all that and been some sweet cherub in the face of that kind of abuse because she tried it wasn’t like she was thrown in there a blank slate. they had to physically rip her humanity and empathy away from her. she tells you about how she used to hide under her desk crying and how she used to bang on the window trying to get the other kids to pay attention to her. she was not allowed to be human and she was not given opportunities to love or be loved
- and if that wasn’t enough, when she got out of that hellhole she learned pretty damn fast that the world will eat you up alive if you let it
- she attributes her escape to her will to survive, which is unparalleled. her attitude is that she had to look out for herself, put herself above others, get out of relationships before anyone got too close to stab her in the back
- she tells shepard the only reason she’s survived as long as she has is because she understands this distinction. and there’s some truth to it, though it’s heartbreaking to realize how black and white she sees everything just because of the experiences she has
- jack signs up to fight for you even though you work for cerberus and she sees the mission through the end. she’s not cute and warm and fuzzy and nice when you talk to her but you can see she’s struggling trusting someone and sharing details of her life
- but she fucking tries. and she respects shepard. respects him/her enough to divulge pragia to them, to tell about how the desk was her only friend, how broken she was
- when you romance jack she finally breaks down because she realizes she doesn’t have to see the world so cut and dry. she doesn’t have to be alone. that she is capable of loving and being loved in return
- and even if you don’t romance her, shepard influences her so much that she turns around and starts leading a group of kids
- kids she becomes fiercely protective of like the bad ass tattooed beautiful mother hen she is
- she loves those kids and you can see how much of a changed woman she is at grissom’s academy. the hair, the clothes, the purpose, the little smile she gives
- jack is not a bitch because she is abrasive and blunt and wild
- jack has a damn good heart. she was hurt so so so badly in the first half of her life (the part of your life where you’re trying to figure out what the world is all about and what your place is in it) and yet she still comes out on the other side a mentor, a protector, a woman who fights for a cause
- jack is flawless as fuq and if you can’t see that i am so so so so sorry because she really is a great character and i am 300% over this whole ‘she’s a bitch’ thing
Jack was such an awesome character. Even though she wasn’t my favorite, not even close, she was an amazing character and felt really authentic. Like god damn Bioware, just totally fuck with my emotions more, why don’t you??? Except don’t really. I can’t take it.
STILL BITTER OVER THE SERIES ENDING BEE TEE DUBS. BUT WHATEVER IT’S YOUR FUCKING GAME/UNIVERSE AND YOU CAN HAVE IT LIKE IT IS AND I WOULD GIVE ANYTHING TO PLAY ANOTHER AMAZING OPEN WORLD ELDER SCROLLS-ESQUE MMO IN THAT UNIVERSE BUT WITHOUT THE WHOLE REAPERS THING. LIKE GOD DAMN…
The posts that pop up during finals week are the best kinds of posts
I’m done. I’M ACTUALLY DONE. FINISHED
EAT THAT YOU STPID ESSAY OHNYGOSD!
Mandela fought against apartheid for decades, spent twenty-seven years in prison for his work, and was eventually elected President of South Africa in 1994. In 1993 he and F.W. de Klerk received the Nobel Peace Prize “for their work for the peaceful termination of the apartheid regime, and for laying the foundations for a new democratic South Africa”.
guy let a Quake 3 server run for four years to see how good the learning AI would get
These robots figured out world peace.
holy fuck that’s really cool